DHCP problems (Win2K server, Red Hat 7.2 clients)

DHCP problems (Win2K server, Red Hat 7.2 clients)

Post by Boris Masinovski » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 05:56:05

Hello!

I configured Red Hat 7.2 clients to obtain their IP-addresses via DHCP
(/sbin/dhcpcd -n -H -D eth0). The DHCP server runs on a Win2K machine. The
reservation is static, i.e. every client should get its own IP based on his
MAC-address but after startup all the clients get the same IP regardless
of their MAC address. WinXP which is also installed on every client and
configured for DHCP gets the correct IP.

Any hints?

TIA

--
     |)
|\/| | )oris
|  |asinovskij

Technical University Berlin / Computer Science Dept.

Post by Colin Rognli » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 07:36:19

> I configured Red Hat 7.2 clients to obtain their IP-addresses via DHCP
> (/sbin/dhcpcd -n -H -D eth0). The DHCP server runs on a Win2K machine. The
> reservation is static, i.e. every client should get its own IP based on
> his MAC-address but after startup all the clients get the same IP
> regardless of their MAC address. WinXP which is also installed on every
> client and configured for DHCP gets the correct IP.

Try adding this to your routing table:

route add -host 255.255.255.255 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev eth0

DHCP problems between Linux and Windows can often be solved this way.

Post by Boris Masinovs » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 03:30:24

> Try adding this to your routing table:

> route add -host 255.255.255.255 netmask 255.255.255.255 dev eth0

> DHCP problems between Linux and Windows can often be solved this way.

Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem.

1. Samba - Red Hat sees Win2k but Win2k cannot see Red Hat 7.2

After installing Red Hat 7.2 I configured Samba. I can mount and browse
shares on a Win2k Pro system on the network. However, the Win2k system
cannot see the Red Hat system.

I can ping the Red Hat system from the Win2k system both by name and IP
address. However, if I search for the Red Hat system from Windows Explorer,
either by name or IP address, it is not found.

I am a Linux novice and have run out of things to check. Any suggestions?

Bill

2. syslog.conf question

3. win2k client and Red Hat isc DHCP server

4. ISA modem, COM port and IRQ question

5. DNS problem under Red Hat Linux 7.2 in client machine

6. Unable to open POSIX queue

7. setup mulitple web server in one pc (Red Hat 7.2 server)

8. Anyone try BMRT Linux binaries on NetBSD-current?

9. setup multiple web server in one pc (Red Hat 7.2 server)

10. Mandrake8 DHCP client interacting with Win2K DHCP server...

11. DHCP for home network - Red Hat 7.2

12. Configure Red Hat 8 client to requeset DHCP server updates DNS entry

13. comment reconfigurer l'option firewall sur un client RED-HAT 7.2