linux wireless networking and routing

Post by Chris Varnsver » Thu, 08 May 2003 04:19:10

i have a linux pc, and a normal windows pc. the windows pc is
connected to the internet, and has an adsl connection. the windows pc
also has ICS (internet connection sharing) installed.

the linux pc has no physical connection to the internet, and as such i
need to route it to the internet through the windows pc, in the same
fashion as i have my other windows pc (i have 2 windows pc's, but only
one is relevant here. one connects to the internet through the other).

the networking medium is 2 linksys WUSB11 wireless usb external
network cards (not really cards, but hey), one of which is installed
and configured on the windows pc, but is not configured on the linux
pc.

so here's my question:

can someone explain to me how you get the linux pc networked to the
windows one, using a wireless connection, and then how do i get the
linux pc to route through the windows pc to access the internet
through it?

thanks in advance (i sound like a businessman don't i)

linux wireless networking and routing

Post by Chris Varnsver » Sat, 10 May 2003 05:29:13

lol, no help so far.

one of mi friends said it's possible to use ip forwarding/masquerading
as normal, but not sure if that'd work with ICS on windows.

still got the wireless connection prob tho. anyone got any help there?