Wu-FTP : how chrooted anonymous in a public dir

Wu-FTP : how chrooted anonymous in a public dir

Post by Xavier Boschi » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I'm using wu-ftp 2.4.2-academ[BETA-16] with virtual option in
/etc/ftpaccess.
I'd created several users chrooted in their home dir (defined in
/etc/passwd) for each virtual server by guest class.
But for the anonymous users, they are always chrooted in virtual ftp
home.
How can I locate anonymous directly in a public dir  ???

for guestgroup user, they get chrooted to their home directory as
defined in /etc/passwd file. But anonymous is not present in
/etc/passwd file. Is there another solution ?

Thank's in advance.
Xavier

example of FTP access File :
virtual 193.9.128.5  root  /home/virtual/toto
virtual 193.9.128.6  root  /home/virtual/titi
class toto guest
limit toto 15 Any /etc/msg.toomany
guestgroup toto
upload /home/virtual/public yes toto toto

1. chroot FTP with wu-ftp beta-13

Hi....I'm having problems getting the chroot function to work in
wu-ftpd on Solaris 2.5.1.  I've gone through the guest howto and in the
end tried to basically mirror the anonymous ftp setup but no luck.
   The chroot takes place but ls fails to work properly.  I can run "ls"
and it returns everything correctly, but when I run ls -l or with any
flags it doesn't work.  I ran the command: truss -f chroot ~ftp /bin/ls
-l to see what libraries it was depending on and it seems that all exist
in  the test account's /usr/lib directory.  Thanks in advance. Adam

2. Programming Graphic Terminals

3. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

4. Linux on Compaq Evo N1015v

5. wu-ftp; chroot /usr/.../bin/ls works; not with login

6. write permission of ftp dir in Samba session

7. wu-ftp and chroot

8. xlogin and special characters

9. How can I configurate a wu-ftp server with use of the command "chroot"?

10. wu-ftp ls problems with non-anonymous users and pc clients

11. wu-ftp anonymous access and uploading...

12. Setting up wu-ftp for anonymous downloads and secured uploads

13. Wu-ftp anonymous server problem.