WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

Post by We » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am running Redhat 5.2 with an external modem attached.  I have
missed something that allows me to do some support functions remotely.
I dial into the system fine, but when I tried to view a file the first
thing it shows is the message "WARNING: terminal is not fully
functional".  The modem is using ttyS0.  If I try to edit a file I get
the same message, but most of the time I also get disconnected.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Wes

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

Post by Kevin Mart » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am running Redhat 5.2 with an external modem attached.  I have
>missed something that allows me to do some support functions remotely.
>I dial into the system fine, but when I tried to view a file the first
>thing it shows is the message "WARNING: terminal is not fully
>functional".  The modem is using ttyS0.  If I try to edit a file I get
>the same message, but most of the time I also get disconnected.  Any
>help would be appreciated.

What sort of terminal (emulation) does it think you're using?  You might try
to force the issue with "export TERM=vt100" or something of that nature.

Post by David Efflan » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I am running Redhat 5.2 with an external modem attached.  I have
>missed something that allows me to do some support functions remotely.
>I dial into the system fine, but when I tried to view a file the first
>thing it shows is the message "WARNING: terminal is not fully
>functional".  The modem is using ttyS0.  If I try to edit a file I get
>the same message, but most of the time I also get disconnected.  Any
>help would be appreciated.

So what kind of terminal (program) are you using and what is your TERM
env variable at that point?  Maybe it is null or Linux does not recognize
it.  That may happen if a Windows program tries to say it is 'VT100'
instead of 'vt100'.  Linux is case sensitive and doesn't know what a
'VT100' is.

When I log into my ISP, if my TERM is 'linux' I have my login script
change it to 'vt100' because Solaris has no listing for 'linux' terminal.

http://home.xnet.com/~efflandt/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/

1. WARNING: terminal is not fully functional ???

When I use the command :

less index.html (i get the following error)
WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
index.html (press RETURN)

Somehow I have changed the terminal to VT100 or something like that. Can
someone give me a pointer?

Redhat 5.2 server It has ran fine for 6 months until I changed something.

Thanks
Kevin Stoops

2. Use Sys V or PROXI shared memory library?

3. WARNING: terminal is not fully functional

4. How to interface XCopilot and Pilot?

5. Audio Excel PnP 16 drivers

6. Appletalk problem

7. Warning: terminal is not fully functional.

8. Error "Terminal is Not Fully Functional"

9. Terminal is not fully functional ???

10. Terminal not fully functional... Help!

11. help--- Terminal not fully functional message?