INN: Unknown error after posting

Post by Paolo La Carrubb » Mon, 30 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi, Folks!

a few days ago I started an INN (1.4) news server only for local
newsgroups (by now just one). It seems to work well, but after posting
from any client, the same client gets an "Unknown error". The article,
however is really posted in newsgroup.

I tried to connect by telnet on port 119, and this also seems to work.

In "messages" log I found no interesting thing, but in "syslog" there
are lines like this:

"nnrpd[...]:? cant gethostbyadd <x.x.x.x> Unknown error" (where
<x.x.x.x> is client
IP address).

Is there anyone who can help me to sleep again overnight? Thanks a lot.

Bye.

        Paolo La Carrubba

P.S.: My news server is at snapsud.it, and my local newsgroup is
snapsud.formazione. Bye again.

Post by Paolo La Carrubb » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

[...]

Post by Mike O'Conno » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

:Hi, Folks!
:
:a few days ago I started an INN (1.4) news server only for local
:newsgroups (by now just one). It seems to work well, but after posting
:from any client, the same client gets an "Unknown error". The article,
:however is really posted in newsgroup.
:
:I tried to connect by telnet on port 119, and this also seems to work.
:
:In "messages" log I found no interesting thing, but in "syslog" there
:are lines like this:
:
:"nnrpd[...]:? cant gethostbyadd <x.x.x.x> Unknown error" (where
:<x.x.x.x> is client
:IP address).
:
:Is there anyone who can help me to sleep again overnight? Thanks a lot.

Check to see if the news server thinks the forward and reverse DNS
for the connecting site is proper.

--

 InterNIC WHOIS: MJO | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481

1. INN: Unknown error in posting

Hi, Folks!

a few days ago I started an INN (1.4) news server only for local
newsgroups (by now just one). It seems to work well, but after posting
from any client, the same client gets an "Unknown error". The article,
however is really posted in newsgroup.

I tried to connect by telnet on port 119, and this also seems to work.

In "messages" log I found no interesting thing, but in "syslog" there
are lines like this:

"? cant gethostbyadd <x.x.x.x> Unknown error" (where <x.x.x.x> is client
IP address).

Is there anyone who can help me to sleep again overnight? Thanks a lot.

Bye.

        Paolo La Carrubba

P.S.: My news server is at snapsud.it, and my local newsgroup is
snapsud.formazione. Bye again.

2. sendmail security question

3. INN/nntpsend: script will not post due to sh error (??)

4. viewing available fonts/colors in Gnome 2.0

5. tinyX gives "xinit: Unknown error (errno 0): Client error." error and dies

6. JAVA_HOME.... How do I set it???

7. Install error on G3: "error unpacking archive: unknown error"

8. Problem w/qpopper

9. S1692DL Tiger 2 unknown PCI bridge :unknown Host bridge :unknown PCI Device

10. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

11. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

12. Error on posting news, but article gets posted...

13. tin/INN won't let me post!