what is ugidd?

Post by Benjamin I. Willia » Wed, 15 Feb 1995 06:18:49

could anyone enlighten me as to what rpc.ugidd does (in rc.inet2)?
Thanks for your time.

Cordially,
Benjamin I. Williams

--

---- ,~. ----------------------------------------------------------------
     | /    Benjamin I. Williams [] The University of Illinois

    /|                           [] -------------------------------------
  /',|-.    Studying:            []
 | |_|, )    Music Composition   [] Don't waste your computer. Use Linux.
 `\__|_/'    Computer Science    [] Linux + X-Free + Motif = Power.
--  ,'  -----------------------------------------------------------------

says...

I admire your passion, Chris..

The only issues which have kept myself from looking seriously at Linux
would be:

* It's Unix and the learning curve to start getting productive strikes me
as probably very steep

* It doesn't support plug-and-play.  If your hardware doesn't have Linux
drivers, it don't play..

* Not nearly the amount of developers out there doing stuff for Linux as
there are for Wintel.  Can I get MS Office for Linux?  Can I get
Photoshop for Linux?  Can I get QuarkXpress for Linux? etc.. a big turn
off for me.

--
Reuben King
Email: "reuben at texas dot net" (in plain english to foil spam-bots.

3. Ksh file name completion with tab

5. Extracting XFree86 files

6. Am I touchy? Or am I right?

7. bash history