SWAT and SAMBA

Post by news » Thu, 14 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I recently installed linux.  I purchased the Oreilly Linux book.  I started
to configure SAMBA and was trying to use the netscape to configure the
smb.conf.  In the book it talks about using Swat and typing
http://localhost:901/  I tried this and I get connection refused.  I was
substituting local host for the ip address of my machine.  I check to see if
I could ping myself, and if my other computer could, and it worked OK.  Any
ideas?

SWAT and SAMBA

Post by tomisl » Sat, 16 Oct 1999 04:00:00

says...

Quote:> I recently installed linux.  I purchased the Oreilly Linux book.  I started
> to configure SAMBA and was trying to use the netscape to configure the
> smb.conf.  In the book it talks about using Swat and typing
> http://localhost:901/  I tried this and I get connection refused.  I was
> substituting local host for the ip address of my machine.  I check to see if
> I could ping myself, and if my other computer could, and it worked OK.  Any
> ideas?

Uncomment swat in /etc/inetd.conf and then do a killall -HUP inetd.

--
http://tojo.home.dhs.org/pgp.asc
f u cn rd ths u r usng unx

1. SAMBA swat: no modules loaded for `samba' service

Hi all,

On FreeBSD 3.1 when I try to use swat (http server configurator for SAMBA) ,
I could not give a correct login and passwd. Each time I get the message on
the server:

swat: no modules loaded for `samba' service

Why ?

Thanks you for your help

2. Serial Line security, modem control

3. How to connect to Samba using SWAT?

4. CDE not initializing

5. samba & swat

6. NT/LINUX dual help!

7. xinetd/inetd problem installing SWAT and SAMBA

8. perl/api interface module for apache?

9. SAMBA - swat ?

10. Accessing SWAT (SAMBA) on Linux from Win95

11. samba swat problem

12. configuring samba with swat

13. cannot run SWAT to configure SAMBA