Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

Post by a.. » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 07:01:31

Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
easier!

Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!
*Advanced Solaris System Administration - Peter Baer Galvin
*Network Security Profiles - Brad Johnson
*System and Network Performance Tuning - Marc Stavely
*Syslogs and Network Security -Tina Bird

For over 20 years, USENIX, The Advanced Computing Association, has
trained thousands of advanced computing professionals, earning a
reputation for high-quality, practical technical education that is
unparalleled in the industry.
Now you can take our popular and highly regarded tutorials LIVE from
your work or home AND at 60% less than taking the same tutorial at a
conference!

Using state-of-the-art Virtual Classroom techniques, these tutorials
allow you to ask questions and interact with your fellow class members
much as you would if you were sitting in a real classroom.

Space is limited so we urge you to register immediately.

These tutorials offer the same valuable information and class
interaction for only $395, and you can can SAVE an additional $50 if you
register by February 8, 2002.  This is truly the education bargain of
the century.

Now you can learn what you need, when you need it and you never have to
leave the comfort of your workstation - no traffic, airport security
lines or hassle of any kind!

Try one today!
http://www.usenix.org/elearning/

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:26:00

> Staying current and getting trained by the experts has just been made
> easier!

> Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

 From the page:

    WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE
    To participate in these tutorials you will need a PC running Windows.

Now isn't that special?  Perhaps the folks who designed this need a
titorial on "Writing web apps without depending on Microsoft" ?

--
Tony Lawrence
SCO/Linux Support Tips, How-To's, Tests and more: http://pcunix.com

Post by bill davids » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 02:43:21

| These tutorials offer the same valuable information and class
| interaction for only $395, and you can can SAVE an additional $50 if you
| register by February 8, 2002.  This is truly the education bargain of
| the century.

  Great, commercial SPAM from what I though was a non-profit. And they
are teaching UNIX courses on Windows platforms. How about a course
"getting a clue" for these folks.

--

  Programming without software engineering is like sculpting with a chain
saw. The very talented can produce a work of art, the mediocre wind up with

1. Take a USENIX TUTORIAL ONLINE!

[...]

2. Anybody set up CAP on FreeBSD/OpenBSD for Mac68K???

3. Cannot run Netscape

4. PPP problem after recompiling kernel (2.0.30)

5. How To: Drive Spanning?

6. USENIX Winter '93 Technical Conference Tutorials

7. USENIX Winter 1994 Technical Conference Tutorial Program

8. USENIX 1994 Winter Conference Tutorial Sessions