Apache

Post by speed » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:01:48

Apache do not start:

Syntax error on line 14 of /etc/apache/srm.conf:
DocumentRoot takes one argument, Root directory of the document tree:

I hope somebody know what the problem is.
Thanks in advance
Here is the file:

# With this document, you define the name space that users see of your http

# server. This file also defines server settings which affect how requests
are

# serviced, and how results should be formatted.

# See the tutorials at http://www.apache.org/ for

# more information.

# Originally by Rob McCool; Adapted for Apache

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your

# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but

# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.

DocumentRoot

# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home

# directory if a ~user request is recieved.

UserDir public_html

# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML

# directory index. Separate multiple entries with spaces.

DirectoryIndex index.html

# FancyIndexing is whether you want fancy directory indexing or standard

FancyIndexing on

# AddIcon tells the server which icon to show for different files or
filename

# extensions

AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip

AddIconByType (TXT,/icons/text.gif) text/*

AddIconByType (IMG,/icons/image2.gif) image/*

AddIconByType (SND,/icons/sound2.gif) audio/*

AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*

AddIcon /icons/binary.gif .bin .exe

AddIcon /icons/binhex.gif .hqx

AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar

AddIcon /icons/world2.gif .wrl .wrl.gz .vrml .vrm .iv

AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .Z .z .tgz .gz .zip

AddIcon /icons/a.gif .ps .ai .eps

AddIcon /icons/layout.gif .html .shtml .htm .pdf

AddIcon /icons/text.gif .txt

AddIcon /icons/c.gif .c

AddIcon /icons/p.gif .pl .py

AddIcon /icons/f.gif .for

AddIcon /icons/dvi.gif .dvi

AddIcon /icons/uuencoded.gif .uu

AddIcon /icons/script.gif .conf .sh .shar .csh .ksh .tcl

AddIcon /icons/tex.gif .tex

AddIcon /icons/bomb.gif */core

AddIcon /icons/deb.gif .deb Debian

AddIcon /icons/back.gif ..

AddIcon /icons/hand.right.gif README

AddIcon /icons/folder.gif ^^DIRECTORY^^

AddIcon /icons/blank.gif ^^BLANKICON^^

# DefaultIcon is which icon to show for files which do not have an icon

# explicitly set.

DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif

# AddDescription allows you to place a short description after a file in

# server-generated indexes.

# Format: AddDescription "description" filename

# ReadmeName is the name of the README file the server will look for by

# default. Format: ReadmeName name

#

# The server will first look for name.html, include it if found, and it will

# then look for name and include it as plaintext if found.

#

# HeaderName is the name of a file which should be prepended to

# directory indexes.

ReadmeName README

HeaderName HEADER

# IndexIgnore is a set of filenames which directory indexing should ignore

# Format: IndexIgnore name1 name2...

IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER HEADER.html README README.html RCS CVS

# AccessFileName: The name of the file to look for in each directory

# for access control information.

AccessFileName .htaccess

# DefaultType is the default MIME type for documents which the server

# cannot find the type of from filename extensions.

DefaultType text/plain

# AddEncoding allows you to have certain browsers (Mosaic/X 2.1+) uncompress

# information on the fly. Note: Not all browsers support this.

AddEncoding x-compress Z

AddEncoding x-gzip gz

# AddLanguage allows you to specify the language of a document. You can

# then use content negotiation to give a browser a file in a language

# it can understand. Note that the suffix does not have to be the same

# as the language keyword --- those with documents in Polish (whose

# net-standard language code is pl) may wish to use "AddLanguage pl .po"

# to avoid the ambiguity with the common suffix for perl scripts.

AddLanguage en .en

AddLanguage fr .fr

AddLanguage de .de

AddLanguage da .da

AddLanguage it .it

AddLanguage es .es

AddLanguage br .br

AddLanguage ja .ja

AddLanguage dk .dk

AddLanguage pl .pl

AddLanguage kr .kr

# LanguagePriority allows you to give precedence to some languages

# in case of a tie during content negotiation.

# Just list the languages in decreasing order of preference.

LanguagePriority en fr de

# Default charset preference (see http://www.apache.org/info/css-security/).

AddDefaultCharset on

AddDefaultCharsetName iso-8859-1

# Redirect allows you to tell clients about documents which used to exist in

# your server's namespace, but do not anymore. This allows you to tell the

# clients where to look for the relocated document.

# Format: Redirect fakename url

# Aliases: Add here as many aliases as you need (with no limit). The format
is

# Alias fakename realname

# Note that if you include a trailing / on fakename then the server will

# require it to be present in the URL. So "/icons" isn't aliased in this

# example.

Alias /icons/ /usr/share/apache/icons/

# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.

# Format: ScriptAlias fakename realname

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

# If you want to use server side includes, or CGI outside

# ScriptAliased directories, uncomment the following lines.

# AddType allows you to tweak mime.types without actually editing it, or to

# make certain files to be certain types.

# Format: AddType type/subtype ext1

# For example, the PHP3 module (a separate Debian package)

# will typically use:

#AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml

#AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

# AddHandler allows you to map certain file extensions to "handlers",

# actions unrelated to filetype. These can be either built into the server

# or added with the Action command (see below)

# Format: AddHandler action-name ext1

# To use CGI scripts:

#AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

# To use server-parsed HTML files

#AddType text/html .shtml

#AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

# Uncomment the following line to enable Apache's send-asis HTTP file

# feature

#AddHandler send-as-is asis

# If you wish to use server-parsed imagemap files, use

#AddHandler imap-file map

# To enable type maps, you might want to use

#AddHandler type-map var

# Action lets you define media types that will execute a script whenever

# a matching file is called. This eliminates the need for repeated URL

# pathnames for oft-used CGI file processors.

# Format: Action media/type /cgi-script/location

# Format: Action handler-name /cgi-script/location

# Customizable error response (Apache style)

# these come in three flavors

#

# 1) plain text

#ErrorDocument 500 "The server made a boo boo.

# n.b. the (") marks it as text, it does not get output

#

# 2) local redirects

#ErrorDocument 404 /missing.html

# to redirect to local url /missing.html

#ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/missing_handler.pl

# n.b. can redirect to a script or a document using server-side-includes.

#

# 3) external redirects

#

# mod_mime_magic allows the server to use various hints from the file itself

# to determine its type.

#MimeMagicFile conf/magic

# The following directives disable keepalives and HTTP header flushes.

# The first directive disables it for Netscape 2.x and browsers which

# spoof it. There are known problems with these.

# The second directive is for Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0b2

# which has a broken HTTP/1.1 implementation and does not properly

# support keepalive when it is used on 301 or 302 (redirect) responses.

BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive

BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

# The following directive disables HTTP/1.1 responses to browsers which

# are in violation of the HTTP/1.0 spec by not being able to grok a

# basic 1.1 response.

BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0

BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0

BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/

## The above line is for Debian Policy 3.0.1 (FHS), which specifies that
/doc

## is /usr/share/doc. Packages should symlink to share/doc. -- apacheconfig

Apache

Post by Meth » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:09:51

The error tells you what is wrong....

DocumentRoot takes _ONE_ argument

then in your file you have...

DocumentRoot      <----- NO arguements

Put the base dir path for your web files as the argument here

"speedy" <speed...@home.nl> wrote in message

> [...]

> # The second directive is for Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0b2

> # which has a broken HTTP/1.1 implementation and does not properly

> # support keepalive when it is used on 301 or 302 (redirect) responses.

> BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive

> BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

> # The following directive disables HTTP/1.1 responses to browsers which

> # are in violation of the HTTP/1.0 spec by not being able to grok a

> # basic 1.1 response.

> BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0

> BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0

> BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0

> Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/

> ## The above line is for Debian Policy 3.0.1 (FHS), which specifies that
> /doc

> ## is /usr/share/doc. Packages should symlink to share/doc. --

Post by Michael Heimin » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:16:10

Quote:> Apache do not start:

> Syntax error on line 14 of /etc/apache/srm.conf:
> DocumentRoot takes one argument, Root directory of the document
> tree:

> I hope somebody know what the problem is.

The problem may be as stated, you need to put in /document/root/path
of your www server....

DocumentRoot /document/root/path

Curious about the srm.conf, it isn't used anymore since some time...

Michael Heiming

1. apache module with pthread library linked crashes Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat Linux 6.2

A simple module just by linking pthread library
crashes apache 1.3.12 server,
i.e  httpd doesn't comes up.

This happens on RedHat 6.2 Linux.

any idea on apache module which links pthread library
for apache1.3.12 is appreciated.

steps to reproduc the problem:

downloaded apache_1.3.12.tar.gz on a RedHat 6.2 Linux machine.

compiled and installed with

#configure --enable-shared=max --enable-module=most \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache
#export PATH=/usr/local/apache/bin:$PATH
#apxs -g -i -n testMod
#cd testMod
#make
apxs -c    mod_testMod.c
gcc -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_testMod.c
gcc -shared -o mod_testMod.so mod_testMod.o
#rm mod_testMod.so
#gcc -shared -o mod_testMod.so mod_testMod.o -lpthread
#make install
#/usr/local/apache/sbin/apactrl start

httpd dossn't comes up.

Thanks,
Datta.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Need help with code to search database

3. Apache POST (from Apache newbie)

4. FTP problem "cant find list remote files"

5. Apache Doc & Startup procedure for Apache NT

6. JumpStart

7. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

8. carriage return representation with sed

9. Can Apache be used as a tunnel to another Apache.

10. Apache: delay after cgi / apache::registry scripts

11. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache

12. Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

13. Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?