Mounting WFW shares and Novell Volumes in Linux

Mounting WFW shares and Novell Volumes in Linux

Post by Ernest.Aleixan.. » Tue, 23 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have just downloaded and re-compiled the linux 1.3.56 kernel source
(very slick), and I know it has support to mount Windows for
Workgroups Share volumes, and novell volumes.... Does anyone
know how to do this? I have compiled these iptions into the kernel
but do not know how to mount them.... Any assistance is appreciated.

Mounting WFW shares and Novell Volumes in Linux

Post by Robert H. Myers II » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

says:

>I have just downloaded and re-compiled the linux 1.3.56 kernel source
>(very slick), and I know it has support to mount Windows for
>Workgroups Share volumes, and novell volumes.... Does anyone
>know how to do this? I have compiled these iptions into the kernel
>but do not know how to mount them.... Any assistance is appreciated.

You can mount wfwg "shares" by getting and compiling Samba, this will
allow you to mount any MSN exported drive.

As far as novell goes, Caldera desktop makes a netware 4.1 client
You can contact them for the desktop and redhat linux. :)
www.caldera.com

Good Luck
Bob

Post by Miquel van Smoorenbu » Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>says:

>>I have just downloaded and re-compiled the linux 1.3.56 kernel source
>>(very slick), and I know it has support to mount Windows for
>>Workgroups Share volumes, and novell volumes.... Does anyone
>>know how to do this? I have compiled these iptions into the kernel
>>but do not know how to mount them.... Any assistance is appreciated.

>You can mount wfwg "shares" by getting and compiling Samba, this will
>allow you to mount any MSN exported drive.

No. samba is for _exporting_ filesystems. A "smbfs" is included in the
latest kernels that allow you to mount WfW shares (you need the special
"smbmount" program).

Quote:>As far as novell goes, Caldera desktop makes a netware 4.1 client
>You can contact them for the desktop and redhat linux. :)
>www.caldera.com

The latest kernels also include a novell netware client (ncpfs). Again
you need a special mount program as well, "ncpmount".

Mike.
--
+ Miquel van Smoorenburg   + Cistron Internet Services +  Living is a     |

1. Can't mount Novell NetWare 6 volumes from Linux - help please!

Hello all!

I'm trying to mount Novell Netware 6 volume from linux and get the
following error:

# ncpmount -S MYSERVER -U guest /mnt/novell0
Logging into MYSERVER as GUEST
Password:
ncpmount: NCP Request returned error code in nds login
NDS error code -601.
Login denied.

I've read that there are two ways for a client to authenticate itself to
use Novell File Server: bindery and NDS.

I'm totaly ignorant when it comes to Novell, but since the bindery way
(I've tried the '-b' option, too) don't work, and the ncpmount reports
an error in 'nds login'  I assume it's a NDS problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I do not administer the Novell side, so I would apreciate it very much
if you could tell me if something's missing in my ncpmount command
and/or if the Novell admin should give me additional data I need to
successfully mount a Novell volume (I only have network number/frame
type/login/pass/server name).

Thanx for your help,
Best regards,
   Mario Zagar
   marzagar AT netscape . net

P.S.
   in some docs on the net, I've read that only Calderas novell client
   is NDS capable and to use it, one must use Caldera Linux - a
   requierment I cannot meet at the moment - is there another solution?

2. ECU diskette for 1000A 5/400

3. How to mount WfW shares?

4. Compaq LTE

5. Mount WFW's shares???

6. X in the net

7. how to mount WfW share?

8. Getting ~user to Work

9. How to mount WFW shares?

10. Have OpenBSD possibility to mount Novell volumes?

11. Mounting Novell Netware Volumes

12. Can't create files on mounted Novell-Volumes

13. Mount of Novell 3.2 Server Volumes using IPX/NCP not possible using SuSE 8.2