login Problems

Post by Andre Valent » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

I really have a big problem. Maybe anybody could help me?
No login is possible from a modem port or over telnet to my machine.
The following is displayed

----------------------------
Welcome ...
nix2 login: somebody
Password: he_shows_it
lll
it does not matter what I enter.
----------------------------

and after this nothing happens except that the connection is closed after 60
seconds. The strange thing is, that login works normal over console ond
ttys.
WHAT IS IT????

Hopefull,
        Andre

1. Login problem with root, but can successfully login with other user to access CDE

I create a new user and later on when I login with root, when I typed
username: root, and password... and got the error message"Unable to
access home directory. Click OK to start a Failsafe session, or Cancel
to restart login."
So I must use Failsafe interface to do anything
related with root.
But I can login with other user to access to CDE.
How to solve that problem?
Thanks!

2. Sysinstall disk geometry jazz. I hate this!

3. Login problem with root, but can login with other user.

4. 1

5. FTP login problem - real users cannot login

6. yum problem

7. HELP: New login problem (not /etc/login, SysVinit or priviledges)

8. SB 16 PCI ? Sound card suggestions. Please.

9. SOLVED: FTP login problem - real users cannot login

10. Update to LOGIN problem... was: Most Bizzare problem I have ever encountered

11. Q : Digital Unix 4.0 login problem : 'No directory!' & 'No shell!'

12. serial port/login problems under 2.6