Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

Cisco Aironet 350 PCMCIA card. Which chipset?

Post by Hamish Marso » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:36:41

Hi.

Does anyone know for sure which chipset the cisco aironet 350
PCMCIA card uses? We've got one on a laptop here, and were trying to get
airsnort working with it. We've got airsnort and kismet working on an
SMC2632W card with the linux-wlan-ng drivers (Version 0.1.13), but
although the airsnort page claims that the cisco aironet 350 card works
with it (And also claims only orinocco and prism/2 support), we are
unable to get the linux-wlan-ng drivers to access the cisco card at all.
(Although of course it works fine with the airo drivers & kismet, just
not with airsnort).

Does anyone know what the story is with airsnort and the cisco card?
Mistake on the webpage? Or are the airo drivers just customised prism/2
drivers? Is the cisco really a prism/2? Our experiments so far would
tend to say it's not...

TIA

Hamish.

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...         | Linux User #237369
        I enjoy every minute of it...   |

http://www.travellingkiwi.com/          |