RH 5.2 & SMC 1211TX PCI Ethernet Card

Post by Perviz Tharan » Tue, 12 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello:

Linux newbie here....installing a network is...interesting...

My problem: I'm using a SMC  1211TX Plug and Play PCI card and couldn't get
it to work with any of the SMC drivers available in the RH  5.2
installation.  Any recommendations?  From reading this news group I'm aware
that most cards support the NE2000 spec in some form or another but am
unaware of how to begin and the idea of recompiling the kernel is not too
appealing to a Linux newbie. (*Really New - I consider myself almost and
expert in NT and I feen  I haven't even begun to harness the potential of
Linux.)

Thanks in advance.

1. Newbie - RH 5.2 & DaynaPort PCI Ethernet Card

Help!  I'm installing Linux in my lab at home to get some learning
time without hurting any production systems.  I've got a Dayna 10/100
Ethernet card, and I've no clue which driver I should be trying to use
to get the silly thing running under RedHat 5.2.  I've searched driver
databases on the web, searched the newsgroups with DejaNews, and
haven't had any luck locating a driver.

Is anyone aware of a driver I can download anywhere?  Or a compatible
driver I can use?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken Agress

2. Aggregating ethernet bandwidth

3. SMC 1211TX EzCard PCI ethernet in linux

4. TCP/IP Setup Problem

5. SMC 1211TX PCI ethernet in linux

6. Help, how do I get the video display set on Toshiba notebook 2535CDS

7. Linux does not work with SMC 1211tx PCI nic card

8. Is there a howto about connect Linux to Novell Lan?

9. Configure 2 ethernets SMC Elite 16( WD8013) with RH 5.2

10. Install ethernet 2 SMC Elite 16( WD8013) with RH 5.2

11. RedHat 5.2 and SMC 8016 pcmcia ethernet card

12. Redhat 5.2 cannot see SMC Ethernet card.

13. TeleS S0/PCI & RH 5.2 NEED HELP !