Linux Journal's Apache User Authentication (Oct. 2000)

Linux Journal's Apache User Authentication (Oct. 2000)

Post by Raul Trujill » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I just read the article "Apache User Authentication" on Linux Journal's
October issue.  The article describes how to set up user authentication
on Apache.  I did, and it worked, on Mandrake 7.0.  However, after
trying this at work using Mandrake 7.1, nothing seems to happened.  I
double checked the configuration inside Apache and it all seems the same
as the one at home.  I did the same exact thing.  I've checked for typos
and it doesn't have any.
Is there something different in Mandrake 7.0's Apache and Mandrake 7.1's
Apache configuration?

Thanx...

1. Use Windows 2000 User Authentication for Apache

Dear there,
I am going to install an Apache web server on my Linux. Now, I have a
Windows 2000 Domain Controller running at my network.
My question is:
Could I use the Windows domain user authentication for my Apache user
authentication, so that I don't need to create different user account for
each user? And how if could?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Ross

2. Help figuring out an equation, or a way to do something...

3. Oct issue of Linux Journal - Mobile Computing Article

4. How to increase swap space in AIX PS/2 1.1?

5. Apache User Authentication - doesn't work

6. Secure URLs

7. Linux user count passes 2000 users

8. Compiling 3.3.4

9. SANE 2000 - May 22-25, 2000 (2nd Int'l System Administration & Networking Conference)

10. apache's year 2000 compliance

11. Apache 1.2b/Linux 2.0.30 user authentication

12. Wishlists for Linux AND Windows 2000 (was Re: Wishlists for Linux (vs) Windows 2000)