Question about connection breakdown in tcp/ip

Question about connection breakdown in tcp/ip

Post by ashi.. » Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Is there anyway by which a process on a connected socket can find out
as to whether its peer process has crashed or not? I have tried to set
the SO_KEEPALIVE option for the socket, but the SIGPIPE signal that is
supposed to come on connection breakdown, never arises.

Thanks

ashish

1. Modem, TCP/IP, Network connection Questions

I am so frustrated with setting up TCP/IP & Network connection after
buying several books (including for Dummies), this is what I have:

Computer I: Win NT
Computer II: Linux Redhat 5.2

both have Netgear ethernet cards & connected,

however,

Linux does not communicate with Computer I, nor does dial out;  statserial
indicates that the modem is at Com 2 or cua01, and using modemtool it is
set and configured for that;  however when I am trying to dial out nothing
happens ... I also hoped that it will be able to use the dialup connection
I establish on Computer I (Win NT) through the ethernet card.

Please help!!  I don't want to give up on this OS!

Arpi

p.s. I have HAYES modem 56K internal

2. shadow passwords - pwconv problem

3. TCP/IP connections Question.

4. pthread question - linux

5. Sparc 5/Solaris 2.4 TCP/IP Problem with SL/IP connections

6. getting pppd to work...

7. tcp/ip LAN IPs and dynamic IP ppp connections....

8. Installation Problems Mandrake 8,1

9. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP