Linux gateway box hosting internet connection thru PPP for multiple machines

Linux gateway box hosting internet connection thru PPP for multiple machines

Post by Steven L. Holme » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How do I do this? I've got a Linux pc with the modem connecting thru PPP to
the internet, but how do I let the other pc's know which connection to use
(how does Netscape browser see out to the internet thru this "remote"
connection) Please help!!!

Linux gateway box hosting internet connection thru PPP for multiple machines

Post by Rod Smi » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> How do I do this? I've got a Linux pc with the modem connecting thru PPP to
> the internet, but how do I let the other pc's know which connection to use
> (how does Netscape browser see out to the internet thru this "remote"
> connection) Please help!!!

It's IP masquerading you want to set up. See the IP masquerading HOWTO
(http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO.html) or most
introductory Linux networking books cover the matter (see
http://www.rodsbooks.com/books-network.html for some suggestions).

--

http://www.rodsbooks.com
Author of books on Linux networking & WordPerfect for Linux