pop working for some accounts, not others

pop working for some accounts, not others

Post by Michael Hear » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello:

I am running Red Hat 5.2 with sendmail and pop3. Both are running fine for
all of our old users. However, we recently added a bunch of new users and
when their client tries to retrieve messages, it fails with the following
messages in the log:

Sep 30 11:52:06 collier ipop3d[716]: Login user=ekanin
host=[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]
Sep 30 11:52:06 collier ipop3d[716]: No such file or directory while
reading line user=ekanin host=[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]

I was able to telnet to port 110 and log in successfully with this users
account. Any ideas?

Thanks
-Mike

pop working for some accounts, not others

Post by Raymond Doetje » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

You should upgrade the ipop daemon it SUCKS the origenal version the RH
deliverd with 5.2.
I like the ids-pop server tjis is the best version there is at this moment.
(ids stands for it doesn't suck) Nice detail. Popper or qpopper is also better
but they have some small security breaches.

Raymond

> Hello:

> I am running Red Hat 5.2 with sendmail and pop3. Both are running fine for
> all of our old users. However, we recently added a bunch of new users and
> when their client tries to retrieve messages, it fails with the following
> messages in the log:

> Sep 30 11:52:06 collier ipop3d[716]: Login user=ekanin
> host=[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]
> Sep 30 11:52:06 collier ipop3d[716]: No such file or directory while
> reading line user=ekanin host=[xxx.xx.xx.xxx]

> I was able to telnet to port 110 and log in successfully with this users
> account. Any ideas?

> Thanks
> -Mike

             General Exception Failure on address 0x00C098F
                   This Error Is not Yet Implemented
If this error repeats it's self then you need to re-install your Windows