Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RH 6.0 for Sparc) and SuSE 6.4 via NFS

Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RH 6.0 for Sparc) and SuSE 6.4 via NFS

Post by Steve Graeger » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We are running a small network using SuSE 6.4 based on Intel architecture. We
now want to integrate another SparcStation 5 running RedHat 6.0 for Sparc.

Export files look like this: (

        /home   *.sub.domain.de.
        /pub    fs.domain.de

1. Connecting Sparc Station 5 (RedHat6) & i386-SuSE via NFS

Hello,

I'm running 2 i386-SuSE 6.4 workstations and want to add a Sparc Station 5 to
my LAN via NFS using 10MBit/s. The files (e.g: hosts.conf, exports, ...) are set
properly and 'ping' works fine. There are class-c addresses used only and I'm
not running a nameserver. I'm able to mount on one SuSE-machine, but the other
direction odes not work.

Trying to mount the Sparc fails with: 'RPC: portmapper: unable to receive'
Mounting the other machine from Sparc only produces: 'RPC: portmap error 61'

I'm sure network and configuration files are setup properly.
Hope someone has some hints on that issue.

Thanks in advance.

2. X10 USB Camera - Any drivers

3. NFS SuSE 6.0 -> SuSE 6.4 don`t work

4. USR TA + RH5.1 ?????

5. HOW to connect SUSE 6.4 to cable modem via DHCP ??

6. Socks Configuration on Aix

7. Can you compile a C programa for Solaris 2.5 for SPARC Station and Ultra Sparc

8. free solaris 7 5/99?

9. Can you compile me a C programa for Solaris 2.5 for SPARC Station and Ultra Sparc

10. SPARC-station vs. SPARC-server

11. Difference between Sparc 2, Sparc 10 and Ultra Sparc 10

12. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

13. Sun SPARC station + -> ATT447 printer via 3B2