linux-alpha & NT 40 SP3 & Win95

Post by Andre Broer » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I have problems with connecting to NT from linux.
I can ping from win95 to Linux (RH4.2), I can ping from win95 to NT40 and
reverse, but I can't ping from NT 4.0 to Linux. This is a normal ethernet
network, with TCP/IP as the only protocol. What I see when I use Win95
netmonitor, is that the Linux machine is continuesly sending LLC packets to
itself. I'm desperate. I have have running SMB on linux and DHCP and WINS
on NT 4.0 an Win95 is a DHCP client of NT.

this newsgroups regularly :-) I read something about netbios, maybe the
linux machine has to register it self at NT Wins, but I can't even make te
connection..

Many thanx,