pca 200

Post by Bo - Su » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 01:12:18

hi, everyone:

I am now using redhat 7.1 and the kernel version is 2.4.5

I have one atm interface card: fore ssytem pca 200, and I use the
foloowing command to config it:

/usr/sbin/atmsigd -b
/usr/sbin/ilmid -b
/usr/sbin/atmarpd -b
/usr/sbin/atmarp -c atm0
/sbin/ifconfig atm0 205.61.14.1 up

after reboot, and I use ifconfig command, and was told that the ip address
isok, mtu is ok, but no hwware address is assigned.

my question is:

1 how to assign hwware address to it? or do I have to?

2 how many ip address do I need to assign to this pca 200 card? because I
need two pair vpi/vci, and create two pvc to other machines, do I need to
assign two ip addresses and map each vpi/vci to a single ip, or assign one
ip, and map these two vpi/vci to one ip?

3 also, how to create vpi/vci? I mean, which command should I use?
I try "atmarp -s 205.61.14.1 0.101" but was told that " can not allocate
memory".

I plan to connect this pca 200 to atm le 155, because IU am new in atm
area, so any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

thanks,

bo

1. Fore Systems PCA-200, ATM NIC PCI 155MBPS Network card

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using Fore Systems PCI ATM cards in a
non-Sun box running solaris.

I am setting up a test IPv6 POP using ATM internally. I saw a good
deal on some nics and was wondering if anyone had any hints or tips
that would help me.

PS: my main servers are two e3500's using Forerunner SBA-200's.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks

Michael

2. FUJITSU, INTEL COLLABORATE ON LINUX SERVERS

3. Registers on FORE PCA-200 ATM?

4. Problem linking program using glide

5. Linux [RH5.0], Fore's ATM PCA-200 adapters and LE155 switch

6. Access beyond end of dev with FAT on 2.4.4ac17

7. Pentium Pro 200 vs Pentium 200 MMX

8. Running MS Windows apps

9. Diff between 200 P5 and 200 PPro?

10. Pentium Pro 200 vs Pentium 200 MMX

11. Upgrading AS 200/166 -> AS 200/233

12. DELL Optiplex GXPRO 200, with Intel-Chipset Neptuma and Pentium PRO 200 MHz

13. SPEC-95 for PPro-200, K6-200, Cyrix PR200M2