Linksys PCI and linux-wlan

Post by Pete » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:34:51

  Ok, I got me a dlink PCMCIA card and used it at my uncle's. Works great
in RH. Now, for the question.

  I thought this was so cool, I got me a PCI for my home firewall/NAT box.
It's a Linksys WMP11. I downloaded linux-wlan-ng and installed it. I got
the driver up as a module, and even gave it an IP. But, I don't know how to
use the linux-wlan-ng tools. The README gets me up (ip, control, etc), but
I can't do the rest, like ESSID, set it to Infrastructure, set the channel,
etc. Anyone got any pointers? I've been through some of the websites, but
not all. My next choice is to try the other prism package and see if that
works. I dunno if I can get better tools, but I'm stumped on how to
configure this card. Any help would be appreciated.

--
Remove nospam and replace with pete to email me