SAMBa Slow

Post by red.. » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Samba is enabled in my Linux server and I am able to copy files. But the
transfer rate is very very very slow . Also if the file is big is not copying
and stops in the middle( from win98 to Linux using Samba), What is the
workaround and solution(RedHat 6.0).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SAMBa Slow

Post by Andy » Wed, 15 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I had this problem too, i think its a bug in samba.  Try upgrading to
the newest version, they have rpms to do this.  I haven't had any wierd
smb problems after i upgraded.

Andy

> Samba is enabled in my Linux server and I am able to copy files. But the
> transfer rate is very very very slow . Also if the file is big is not copying
> and stops in the middle( from win98 to Linux using Samba), What is the
> workaround and solution(RedHat 6.0).

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

SAMBa Slow

Post by Chris Vo » Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I had this problem too, i think its a bug in samba.  Try upgrading to
>the newest version, they have rpms to do this.  I haven't had any wierd
>smb problems after i upgraded.

>Andy

Please inform me where to find the newest version. (I have suse 6.2by now).

>> Samba is enabled in my Linux server and I am able to copy files. But the
>> transfer rate is very very very slow . Also if the file is big is not
copying
>> and stops in the middle( from win98 to Linux using Samba), What is the
>> workaround and solution(RedHat 6.0).

>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Before you buy.

SAMBa Slow

Post by Yvo Wiskerk » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

http://www.samba.org/

>>I had this problem too, i think its a bug in samba.  Try upgrading to
>>the newest version, they have rpms to do this.  I haven't had any wierd
>>smb problems after i upgraded.

>>Andy

>Please inform me where to find the newest version. (I have suse 6.2by now).

>>> Samba is enabled in my Linux server and I am able to copy files. But the
>>> transfer rate is very very very slow . Also if the file is big is not
>copying
>>> and stops in the middle( from win98 to Linux using Samba), What is the
>>> workaround and solution(RedHat 6.0).

>>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>>> Before you buy.

1. SMB slow, Samba slow, or something else slow?

On a MS Windows NT 4.0.3 (service pack 3) computer, access through
Samba 1.9.15p8 to a Solaris 2.5 file server is slow.  Compiling
something that is on the file server's disk takes almost three
times as long as compiling the same thing on the local disk.

Solaris 1 and 2 computers do not notice such a large difference
between compiling files on local disks and files accessed through
NFS on the same file server.

Is the slowness due to the SMB protocol, Samba, or something else?

2. Help with backups - please

3. Samba slow connecting to NT

4. Solaris x86 FAQ???

5. Samba slow on upload, fast on download. why?

6. mounting 9G FAT32 partition.

7. Solved: Samba slow, porr performance ?

8. Xaw3d 1.1

9. Samba slow sometimes

10. Samba slow one direction only!

11. Help on Samba --slow

12. Samba slow to respond

13. samba slow network 8kps using NE2000 ISA cards