Intel ISA Ether Express Pro 10+ Anyone?

Post by David River » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone configured one of these?  I played with pnpdump and isapnp
but ran into fatal errors during the isolate/preserver phase. Any
insights would be appreciated.

Post by Mike Fur » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Has anyone configured one of these?  I played with pnpdump and isapnp
> but ran into fatal errors during the isolate/preserver phase. Any
> insights would be appreciated.

When I first installed linux, I was dual-booting with NT.  So I was able
to disable PnP on the card from the NT configure utility.  From then on
everything was clear sailing.   If you have winXX installed do this, if
not you can probably find a dos program to configure the card and boot
to a dos floppy and run it.  My experience with isapnp had been nothing
but a pain in this ass.

-mike

Intel ISA Ether Express Pro 10+ Anyone?

Post by Mike Fur » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Has anyone configured one of these?  I played with pnpdump and isapnp
> but ran into fatal errors during the isolate/preserver phase. Any
> insights would be appreciated.

Microsoft actually has usefull info on doing this, check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q158/6/23.asp

Intel ISA Ether Express Pro 10+ Anyone?

Post by Mike Fur » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > Has anyone configured one of these?  I played with pnpdump and isapnp
> > but ran into fatal errors during the isolate/preserver phase. Any
> > insights would be appreciated.

> Microsoft actually has usefull info on doing this, check out:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q158/6/23.asp

God damn it, too many windows open.  Sorry this was in response to someone
else's questions.

Intel ISA Ether Express Pro 10+ Anyone?

Post by David River » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Thanks.  Would appreciate any help from someone who has configured linux
to use this card.

> > Has anyone configured one of these?  I played with pnpdump and isapnp
> > but ran into fatal errors during the isolate/preserver phase. Any
> > insights would be appreciated.

> Microsoft actually has usefull info on doing this, check out:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q158/6/23.asp

1. Intel Ether Express ISA Pro 10 + ?

installed such a thing here yesterday.  None of the likely drivers from
2.0.34 seems to recognize it; and I got a eepro.c from cesdis that claims
to support it but won't compile (gcc 2.7.something, lots of undeclareds
and parse errors).

Thanks for any help.  I'd also be glad to hear anything at all about

mini-HOWTO).
--
Tom Permutt

2. KDE and 2.9 issue (DCOPServer)

3. Intel ether express Pro 10+ ISA

4. Help FreeBSD 3.1 Install on old DEC HX90 dies with sig 10 on cpio

5. Intel Ether Express Pro/10 ISA

6. looking for junior sysadmin for cisco Brussels

7. Help: Problem with Intel Ether Express Pro 10+ ISA

8. Linux on a 486 for www

9. Is Ether Express PRO/10+ (ISA) supported by RH Linux 4.1?

10. Installing Intel Ether Express/10+ (ISA)

11. Trouble with Intel Ether Express PRO/10+

12. Will an Intel Ether Express Pro/10+ card work?

13. Intel Ether Express PRO/10, Sound Blaster 16 (PnP devices)