Need help with 2 external cards with different ip

Need help with 2 external cards with different ip

Post by Mihai Petr » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi guys ,

Our company use an ADSL connected to a Linux box to do the routing from
the external ip to the web server and email machine on 192.168.x.x class
. I use ipmasqadm and it's working fine .So far so good. They want now
to add a T1 line only for web. So , that's mean a new set of ip received
from Bell probably with a different gateway than the one used now. They
want to have the email through ADSL and the web passing T1. I can use a
new network card or create aliases to the existing one in order to use
the new ip.Once the cards and the routing are defined I can use again
ipmasqadm to redirect incomings from T1 to web. My question is :
on the routing table that is configured in rc.local the last line is
"route add default gw 209.226.218.97". Now how should I add the second
gateway for the other range of ip to be used on T1 connection. Or can I
have 2 different gateways on the same machine ?

Thanx
Mihai Petre

1. Set up 2 nic cards with different tcp/ip properties and ip masq

I'm setting up IP masquerading on a cable modem with two different
computers, an NT box and a linux box.  I have two nic cards in the linux
box, both working.  I have set up most of Ip masquerading including
configure each nic card with different tcp/ip properties.  One leading
out to my cable modem and the cable modem provider(24.*.*.*) and the
other pointing to an internal network, (192.168.*.*).  when i do
'netconfig' it just sets up general tcp/ip properties for everything and
does not let me specify each nic card.  Can anyone help me?  Please do
not point me to how tos on IP masquerading as I'm pretty sure about that
and that's not what i need help with.

2. Makes me GLAD I run Linux!!!

3. Apache: different access for different IP's

4. multicast for SOCK_PACKET

5. Using different IP Names for different Unix apps.

6. Printing .ps files

7. pppd: how to give different ip-adrs to different dial-in accounts

8. Which 4x CDROM drive??

9. OnDemand ijppp: different phone numbers for different ip addresses

10. requiring different users based at different IP addresses?

11. Different Web Page for different client IP address?

12. Need help with TCP/IP an NI5210 network card.

13. Q: two network cards with different IP-adresses