INND: cant dbminit ME Math argument out of domain of func

INND: cant dbminit ME Math argument out of domain of func

Post by Nikolai Schupba » Sun, 15 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I am having problems running innd, it bombs out about 20 seconds
after it starts and reports the following message in syslog...

innd: /usr/lib/news/history cant dbminit ME Math argument out of domain of func

What does this mean?

I ran the makehistory and I did rename the DBZ files. I have followed the
inn FAQ, but with no avail

I am running the Slackware Linux distribution (2.3)

Nikolai Schupbach.

Post by Rafal Maszkows » Sun, 15 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: I am having problems running innd, it bombs out about 20 seconds
: after it starts and reports the following message in syslog...
: innd: /usr/lib/news/history cant dbminit ME Math argument out of domain of func
: What does this mean?
: I ran the makehistory and I did rename the DBZ files. I have followed the
: inn FAQ, but with no avail
: I am running the Slackware Linux distribution (2.3)

I can recall something at least similar on a machine where somebody
was changing the passwd.nntp file and its format become wrong.

R.
--

Opinia publiczna powinna byc zaalarmowana swoim nieistnieniem - St. J. Lec

1. Innd problems: Math argument out of domain of func

Hiya,

  I`m currently having problems with INN on our server, most
notibly with connecting to other servers.

  I have everything set up ok, and this error only
occurs when I try to connect to another server.

 The error message is:

Mar 26 12:20:49 prism innxmit[2424]: server.com authenticate failed Math
argument out of domain of func

 Can anyone shed any light on what "Math argument out of domain of
func" means .. in the INN FAQ theres only one mention of it, related to
the history database, however I`ve tried that and it`s still the same
error.

 Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Chris
-----

2. cannot compile, no groff

3. GCC and math.h, exp func...big problem for me

4. dvips and RH6.0

5. innd: cant read Resource temporarily unavailable (SunOS5.4)

6. redirecting packets around squid

7. innd cant bind

8. I2C, compile error: via686a_attach_adapter()

9. INND: SERVER cant dbzinit!

10. innd: ME cant bind RCreader Address already in use

11. innd cant bind

12. Why does innd say ME cant bind RCreader Address already in use?

13. NIS+ Sub-Domain client: should it be a member of the master domain AND sub-domain?