IP masq and ICQ

Post by Lost Kit » Wed, 24 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Is there a kernel module to make IP masquerading work with ICQ?
My experience is that files can't be received, but can be sent, and
two way chat works but one connot be invited into a 3 way chat etc..
ip_masq_icq.c anyone?

1. IP Masq and ICQ Chat

I am running a router with IP masquerading on my LAN.  I know it doesnt
work with ICQ filetransfer (downloading to me) but I am also having
problems sometimes with the ICQ chat system especially if its with more
than one person.
It seems to timeout and so tells me people have gone off the chat when
they have not.  Other times when joining or starting a chat some people
will NEVER show up yet other people on the chat can see them.  If I
cannot see someone they cannot see me either and it appears to be
trouble with the way ICQ does a direct connection.
Other times it works fine though and recently and had a chat with 7
other people (the most I ever I have done) and it worked perfectly.

Is this a problem with my router setup or with my ISP being too slow as
it often lags and stalls doing normal Internet stuff like Web Surfing or
FTP.

If its a problem with my router could you give me some suggestions on
how to fix it, the ICQ kernel patch wouldnt compile for me so thats not
really an option unless you can tell me how to get it working under
Slackware 4.0 (Kernel 2.2.6).

Thankyou for your help,

Alex.

2. Need the source code for rand() function.

3. ICQ in IP Masq / ipautofw problem

4. XIL Library files not found

5. ICQ through IP Masq

6. live openbsd system

7. IP Masq and ICQ (quick question)

8. Nohup question

9. IP Masq (works) and ICQ (!@#$% doesn't work)

10. ICQ and IP MASQ

11. ICQ problems with IP Masq Debian 2.2.15

12. Does ICQ and Yahoo Chess work with IP Masq?

13. IP MASQ and ICQ.