Help with D--Link 530 and RH 6.2

Post by Carlos E. Phillip » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've got a PC running Red Hat 6.2, a Tyan Tsunami motherboard, P3-500,
AMIBIOS 1.6, and a D-Link 530 ethernet card.  I have no problems in Windows
98, however when I boot in to Linux it has problems with the card (doesn't
see the IRQ for the card).  I disabled the PNP Aware OS option in the
BIOS...no luck.  I then tried adding the the IRQ and IO settings to
/etc/conf.modules.  When I do this, I get error upon boot up, and it doesn't
bring the card up at all.  I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I don't
know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Carlos

Help with D--Link 530 and RH 6.2

Post by Voodo » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I don't think that card is supported, I had a similar problem.  I had two
NICs one the 528 and the other the 530.
I had another 528 card and replaced the 530 and when recompiled the kernel
it saw both cards.

Quote:> I've got a PC running Red Hat 6.2, a Tyan Tsunami motherboard, P3-500,
> AMIBIOS 1.6, and a D-Link 530 ethernet card.  I have no problems in
Windows
> 98, however when I boot in to Linux it has problems with the card (doesn't
> see the IRQ for the card).  I disabled the PNP Aware OS option in the
> BIOS...no luck.  I then tried adding the the IRQ and IO settings to
> /etc/conf.modules.  When I do this, I get error upon boot up, and it
doesn't
> bring the card up at all.  I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I
don't
> know what. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

> Thanks,
> Carlos

1. adding driver for D-Link 530 NIC to RH 7.0 ???

I'm installing RH v7.0 (kernel 2.2.16-22) and need to add the driver for
a D-Link 530 nic
as its not coming up in the select list presented by "linuxconf".  Where
can i find the
driver and how do i go about adding it to the kernel?   Will this
require a rebuild of the kernel or
can i just use "linuxconf" to add it to the system some way?

Linux newbie,

2. dual boot

3. Stupid D-Link DFE-530+, how to fix in RH 7.1?

4. Help: Host route problems

5. WU-Ftp2.6.2 anonymous access denied 530 login incorrect

6. Corel Linux

7. Help: RH 5.2 -> RH 6.2 error VFS

8. How do ask the OS to rediscover the scsi device without a reboot

9. D-Link DFE-530: Unable to assign to eth1

10. D-Link DFE 530-TX

11. D-Link DFE 530-TX - not workin under RHL6

12. D-Link FE-530 TX and RHAT 6.0

13. D-Link DE-530.....