PPP and Linux

Post by Christopher Philli » Thu, 07 Dec 1995 04:00:00

        The School I attend has PPP set up for dial ins.  It requires you
to start the PPP stream and it goes through it's own protocol detection.
I was wondering how one can accomplish this task under linux.  I have
tried a wide variety of things and have decided to go with experience,
because as of now, I'm not learning anything anymore.  :)

        Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

        Thanks in advance.

                                                -C.

PPP and Linux

Post by Al Longye » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>    The School I attend has PPP set up for dial ins.  It requires you
>to start the PPP stream and it goes through it's own protocol detection.
>I was wondering how one can accomplish this task under linux.  I have
>tried a wide variety of things and have decided to go with experience,
>because as of now, I'm not learning anything anymore.  :)

Perhaps just a pointer to the solution will suffice.

Get the latest version of mgetty-0.99 from ftp.leo.org. Look in there for
the automatic PPP LCP detection.

Live well and continue learning. :)

--

The above opinions do not necessarily represent those of the Management
of System Integrators nor any of its subsidiaries.