Like a charm, after you have booted with a dosfloppy, and used theQuote:>my current needs but I was wondering if these cards work with relative ease
>in RedHat Linux 6.0???
1. Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 and 3Com 3c509b-TPC NIC card question
Does Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 support the [popular] 3Com 3c509b-TPC NIC card
out of the box? Note this is the 3c509"b-TPC", not just 3c509.
I just installed COL 2.3 on my computer and I get a eth0 "Fail" message
during the boot process What is the exact meaning of "Fail" at boot time?
Does anybody know how I should configure my eth0 card to get a eth0 "OK"
message instead of "Fail" during the boot process? On the very same
machine, Windows 98-SE reports this card to be using IRQ 9 and I/O
0230-023F, and it is working correctly (under Windows 98-SE). Windows 98-SE
reports it as "3Com EtherLink III ISA (3c509b-TPC) in PnP mode".
BTW, During the boot process I also get another "Fail" message on the USB
"device?" -- I wonder if this happens because my motherboard has the USB
BIOS currently disabled? Is it alright to just ignore this USB "Fail"
Any help to get this card properly configured will be greatly appreciated.
3. 3Com 3c509b ISA NIC and RH 6.0
6. RH Linux 6.0, 3COM 3C509B and autofs
7. Tricks to improve DVD playback besides DMA etc...
8. 3Com 3c509b ISA NIC and RH 6.0
9. 3com 3c509b 10/100 PCI card "inactive" status in Redhar 6.0
10. 3c509b Etherlink III PCI card on Celeron (Rh 5.0)
11. 3C509B card doesn't initialize with RH 6.1
12. RH 5.1 and two 3c509B cards.