windows client tool

Post by Marcel Henseli » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 06:42:17

hi phil,

my advice is to use a perl/php script and put it on the linux machine on the
wweb server as cgi.

cu
-Marcel-

Quote:> hi folks,

> i want to set up a network envirmonment, there are a few windows clients
> and a linux server that should appear as a gateway, no problem...
> but the server connects to the internet with a dial-in connection.
> so my question is, if there is a tool from which i can control the
> internet connection of the server. (connect, disconnect, status...)

> would be great, if it would be:
> * windows compatible
> * easy to use

> thx phil

1. Samba file timestamp policy with Linux client .vs. Windows client

I am experiencing a difference in file timestamp behaviour between a Linux
and Windows client accessing a SMB share hosted on a Windows 2003 Server
platform.

Files accessed by the Linux client are left with Modified and Accessed times
based upon the time on the client. Files accessed by the Windows client
(also running Windows 2003 Server) are left with Modified and Accessed times
based upon the time on the *server*. This is causing problems for me as I
have an application running on the server which uses these timestamps to
detect the presence of new or modified files - sometimes file updates are
missed when the update occurs from the Linux client if the system time on
the Linux client is behind that of the server.

Does anyone know if I can configure the SMB client running on the Linux
platform to behave the same as the Windows 2003 SMB client, i.e. I want my
timestamps to be set according to the current time on the server as opposed
to the client.

Thanks,
Richard.

2. MODEM NOT WORKING

3. dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients

4. file handling in fortran between operating systems

5. Web client or small client for windows

6. I/O error with tape drive on 2.3

7. Communication needed between linux server/client to windows client/server

8. Memory limits on Pentium Pro processors.

9. Good, free X-Windows client for Windows 98?

10. X-Window client for MS Windows

11. I want to see a X-Windows session in some sort of Windows 2000 client

12. MS windows X window client - is it possible...

13. Standalone Linux Server with Windows 98 and Windows XP clients