domain with remote hosts

Post by Gut » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have a friend with a cool domain and a good job.  She can afford a leased
line and a domain and I can't.  I dialup to my ISP and what we want to do
seems simple, but I'm not exactly sure how to do it.  I want my RH5 system
to be a host on her domain (she has FreeBSD).

ie.  she is (lets say) thinker.blah.net
     I want to be einstein.blah.net

I have a static IP address from my ISP, but it is not on the same Class-C
as her's.  We can probably talk to the ISP and get our IP's on the same
Class-C if that would do it (we are with the same one).

Could anyone please give me some insight into what has to be done.
Thanks
Gut.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com