ping problem with kernel 2.0.31

Post by jean-francois heli » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

I have set a linux router between 2 net.

i have a little problem when i try to ping my linux from the internet.

actually i think is a sub-net problem.

When i am withe the school`s net, i can ping and telnet over the network.
but when i am outside of the college, i cant ping.  When i boot the
machine, i ping from the outside only for 3 minutes.... after !! there is
nothing.  but i can alwais ping when i am in the college.

what i should do ??

thanks
jean-francois

1. Ping problem with Kernel 2.0.31

I have set a linux router between 2 net.

i have a little problem when i try to ping my linux from the internet.

actually i think is a sub-net problem.

When i am withe the school`s net, i can ping and telnet over the network.
but when i am outside of the college, i cant ping.  When i boot the
machine, i ping from the outside only for 3 minutes.... after !! there is
nothing.  but i can alwais ping when i am in the college.

what i should do ??

thanks
jean-francois

2. fvwm...doesnt' read .fvwm file??

3. ping problem with kernel 2.0.31

4. Win2k vs Linux? Why downgrade to Linux?

5. Patches against 2.0.31 (Re: List of bugs in 2.0.31)

6. hi

7. Problems compiling kernel, RH5 2.0.31

8. RAID-1 configuration for HACMP.

9. Problems upgrading kernel 2.0.31

10. Problems with kernel 2.0.31 on an Alpha

11. Kernel 2.0.31 - small problem with statistics for 2940UW

12. Missing includes in Kernel 2.0.31?!?

13. X11 Can't Find Configured Devices with Kernels 2.0.31 and up