Linux distribution what supports USB WIFI Dongle (zd1211bu).

Linux distribution what supports USB WIFI Dongle (zd1211bu).

Post by bankdat » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:55:39

Hi Guys.

For some days Ive been on the hunt for a Linux distro that can make
use of the USB WIFI DONGLE in the Trendnet TEW-429UF (WINDOWS inf-file
is called zd1211bu.inf).
No luck so far, therefore turning for help in this group.

Some details from the inf-file:

[Manufacturer]
%Manufacturer%  = ZyDAS, NT.5.1, ntamd64
Manufacturer    = "TRENDnet"
ZD1211BU.Service.DispName = "802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter C1
Driver"

SLAX, Knoppix, Ubuntu, Debian, Puppy and others has been tried.

/Claus

Linux distribution what supports USB WIFI Dongle (zd1211bu).

Post by Bill Marcu » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:03:31

Quote:

> Hi Guys.

> For some days Ive been on the hunt for a Linux distro that can make
> use of the USB WIFI DONGLE in the Trendnet TEW-429UF (WINDOWS inf-file
> is called zd1211bu.inf).
> No luck so far, therefore turning for help in this group.

> Some details from the inf-file:

> [Manufacturer]
> %Manufacturer%     = ZyDAS, NT.5.1, ntamd64
> Manufacturer       = "TRENDnet"
> ZD1211BU.Service.DispName = "802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter C1
> Driver"

> SLAX, Knoppix, Ubuntu, Debian, Puppy and others has been tried.

> /Claus

If that adapter isn't supported by the kernel, by the manufacturer, or
by ndiswrapper, you'll probably have to find another wifi adapter or
use Windows.

1. Solaris NDIS Wrapper Toolkit and usb wifi dongle

Hello,

I have a USB wifi dongle ( DLink DWL-GW122 rev B) and I've tried to
make it work on sol 10 x86 using ndis wrapper toolkit
(http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/laptop/wireless/ndis/).

I followed the guide but I was stopped here : ./ndiscvt -i bcm32.inf -s
bcm32.sys -o ndis.h
I tried thiscommand using the 64 bits drivers I had : ./ndiscvt -i
dr71wu.inf -s dr71wu.sys -o ndis.h
It generated a ndis.h file but make ndis failed.
There are 2 additional files for the driver and I don't know how to use
them : netrtusb.cat and netrtusb.inf.

As anyone any idea how to make it work ?

2. Installing to sd6 possible?

3. Recommend a USB wifi card that supports Linux and packet injection

4. This will help you

5. USB IrDA dongle for Linux

6. sh in ~ftp/bin

7. Does any distribution of linux support USB printers?

8. shutdown

9. USB WiFi + Linux, have you tried it?

10. Actiontec USB WiFi working under Linux

11. Buffalo USB Wifi and SuSE Linux

12. 2.4.21: Bluetooth oopses with Acer USB dongle

13. (Q) Anyone know where I can get a USB Bluetooth dongle?