Wireless networking setup question

Post by Neil Cheshir » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:11:22

Hi, I  am looking into using wireless networking with linux. I have been
doing some
reading about it and I was wondering if the following setup is possible.

One laptop with a ORiNOCO World PC Card Silver pcmcia card in it and a
standard PC with the same pcmcia card in a ISA adapter for the Orinoco
pcmcia
card. This is just a small home lan of three workstations on Ethernet. My
idea was
for the PC with the ISA/pcmcia card in to act as a router between the
wireless
network and the current ethernet network. The idea behind this is to keep
costs
down.

Will this work with both the wireless machines running  Linux (2.4.x) ?

tia,
Neil.