latest GNU C Library Reference Manual?

Post by YGV » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Where can I find the latest GNU C Library Reference Manual? There is one
at sunsite but is it really the latest (Aug 93)???

How useful is this manual in comparison with a standard book in C? Does
it have much more than, e.g. "C. The complete reference" by H. Schildt?
Is it worth printing out?

Is there any difference between GNU C library and what is used in Linux
or they are the same?

1. The GNU C Library Reference Manual - gnc_c_~1.txt [01/01]

BEGIN -- Cut Here -- cut here
I am trying to locate the latest Version of
the "GNU C Library Reference Manual" released by
the Free Software Foundation. The Version I have,
is Edition 0.05, last updated Aug 30,1993.

 I was trying to track down the document,
(it used to be available at ftp://sunsite.unc.edu
under  /pub/linux/docs) using LYCOS, and I ended up
viewing an on line version of the GNU C LIB, at the
University of Utath, but their on line document,
was about 3 months older than the one I have.

 Any help will be greatly appriciated.
END -- Cut Here -- cut here

2. Make cardbus compile in -pre4

3. Library reference manuals for X ???

4. sloooow ftp installation

5. Motif Programming Manual and Motif Reference Manual by O'Reilly now free

6. Kernel Panic.

7. gnu 3.0 won't work with gnu 2.96 libraries

8. Transparent TCP load balancing?

9. Shared libraries and GNU GCC using gas and gnu ld.

10. libtool and shared libraries with static library references

11. Beowulf Reference Manual

12. looking for XView Reference Manual

13. Latest libc manual version ?