execution RunCache

Post by mahe » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 00:39:53

hi there,

I put my RunCache ( one of the squid daemon, perhaps? ) to run every
time I boot my machine.Seems that, the /etc/rc.d/rc.local does not
execute the RunCache even if I put execute mode with full path.I need to
re-run /etc/rc.d/rc.local and then, the squid caching server start.I'm
using RH 6.0  with 2.2.18

How do I overcome this problem?

thanks in advance

maher

execution RunCache

Post by Dean Thompso » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:14:32

Hi!,

Quote:> I put my RunCache ( one of the squid daemon, perhaps? ) to run every
> time I boot my machine.Seems that, the /etc/rc.d/rc.local does not
> execute the RunCache even if I put execute mode with full path.I need to
> re-run /etc/rc.d/rc.local and then, the squid caching server start.I'm
> using RH 6.0  with 2.2.18

> How do I overcome this problem?

The commands within the rc.local file should be executed without any
problems.  Most Redhat systems use this file to generate their login banner
and other assorted presentation details.  Check to make sure that the script
you are trying to execute is actually executable and that you have specfied
the complete path to the program you want to run.

As far as I know, the squid server is not started with the RunCache command,
but more often with the "squid" command.

See ya

Dean Thompson

1. Ordered execution Vs. Random execution

Do you mean "crash"?

I have been using computers for almost 25 years, and I have seen many
applications crash.

Object-oriented programming doesn't change the order of subroutine
execution.  I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Also, what does this have to do with Unix?  If you want to discuss
programming methodologies, go to comp.programming.

--

Genuity, Burlington, MA

2. Promiscous mode, Ne2000

3. how to know ip address of remote shell on command execution

4. Urgent: lp Filter on SunOS 5.6

5. periodic execution of scripts

6. Zilog 85C30 in LOOP MODE SDLC

7. CGI execution by file extension on NS Enterprise

8. C++ Build Problems

9. Instant-on and Flash execution

10. Limiting CGI execution times

11. SCO binary execution