rc.firewall executes before my DHCP gets IP address

rc.firewall executes before my DHCP gets IP address

Post by Grady Neel » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Upon bootup:

How can I get my rc.firewall to execute after my eth0 gets all its IP info,
i.e. DNS severs etc.

rc.firewall executes before my DHCP gets IP address

Post by Gregory Spa » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

call it after /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/Sxxnetwork?  If it's one you wrote yourself,
calling it from rc.local is a good choice.

Quote:>Upon bootup:

--
Gregory Spath

SCHeckler on IRC ----------> http://freefall.homeip.net/javairc/
Team YBR ------------------> http://www.yellowbreechesracing.org/

1. 3com 905b gets Ip address by using DHCP from NT DHCP server

Hi,

I have a 3com 905b, which FreeBSD make this device as xl0. I tried get the
IP address from a DHCP server on WinNT4 server(build 1381, sp4).  I can get
the IP address when booting FreeBSD up. But when expire inteval coming up,
FreeBSD cannot get IP from  NT4 again. I tried to ping each other, and ping
result is negative. Could some one give me a suggestion to deal with this
situation. Thank you

PS: WinNT 4 is working functionally and properly.

Jerry

2. OK - No more postings at 2AM!

3. going from static IP address to dhcp client firewall box

4. Lost CD-ROM under Win95 after Linux Installation

5. dhcpcd-0.6 - DHCP client daemon, gets client IP address and more

6. will linux getting an illegal piece of software ? (political)

7. Getting a DHCP assigned IP Address at startup.

8. Help!!! Problem with 320H

9. Need Help getting IP address from DHCP servers

10. Getting IP address for firewall using PPPoE

11. Where should the rc.firewall script be executed

12. rc.firewall doesn't execute on startup

13. Execute rc.firewall