Could anyone rxplain how to get pop3 mail from Linux to Exchange on NT4

Post by Andrzej Fili » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Our company has got a Linux Server and an NT4 server running service pack 3.
> We are now looking at getting Linux to download all our email from off the
> internet and pass the email to Exchange on NT4 to be distributed out to the
> individual workers.  We have been going around in circles for a couple of
> months now trying to get this setup and would be grateful if anyone could
> either tell us how to do it or if you could point us in the direction of a
> decent Howto.

Have you tried fetchmail ? (free unix utility)

It downloads  mailboxes via POP3/IMAP4 and sends every
message to specific address via SMTP.
The default SMTP destination is the host fetchmail is running on
but you may specify another server (exchange).
You my also run fetchmail in demon mode so it will check email
every few minutes.

          POP               SMTP
INTERNET ----->   LINUX   -------> EXCHANGE
                FETCHMAIL            IMC