DHCP compile problem

Post by Daniel Charleboi » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I'm running Slackware 2.0.34 and have setup two ethernet cards on my
main
machine.  I've got no problems recognizing the ethernet cards.

I'm trying to install a DHCP client, but it just wont compile.  I know
the problem
is probably simple but...

When I run the make file to create the DHCP client application, I get
the message
that <net/ethernet.h> file is not found.  I've looked in all of the
packages that
come with Slackware but cannot seem to find the missing files.

Daniel

DHCP compile problem

Post by Austin Gresha » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Daniel:

I ran into the same problem.  You have to have Glibc 2.0.5 in order to
compile dhcpcd.  Go to the www.gnu.org website and follow the links.  It
takes a few hours to compile/install.  It's a little ominous if you've
never done something like that before, but it's worth it.

Then recompile dhcpcd...

-Austin

> I'm running Slackware 2.0.34 and have setup two ethernet cards on my
> main
> machine.  I've got no problems recognizing the ethernet cards.

> I'm trying to install a DHCP client, but it just wont compile.  I know
> the problem
> is probably simple but...

> When I run the make file to create the DHCP client application, I get
> the message
> that <net/ethernet.h> file is not found.  I've looked in all of the
> packages that
> come with Slackware but cannot seem to find the missing files.

> Daniel

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

DHCP compile problem

Post by Bill Anderso » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> I'm running Slackware 2.0.34 and have setup two ethernet cards on my
> main
> machine.  I've got no problems recognizing the ethernet cards.

> I'm trying to install a DHCP client, but it just wont compile.  I know
> the problem
> is probably simple but...

> When I run the make file to create the DHCP client application, I get
> the message
> that <net/ethernet.h> file is not found.  I've looked in all of the
> packages that
> come with Slackware but cannot seem to find the missing files.

> Daniel

On a related note, does the dhcp client/server in linux support
dynamic(?) dns propogation?
Where the hostname is sent up to the dhcp server for dns resolution upon
receipt of the dynamic IP?

Bill

1. problem compiling DHCP client

Hello.

I am trying to get a Linux computer to work as a gateway for the rest of the
computers in our house.  Everything works so far.  I am trying to share the
cable internet connection.

The problem is in compliling the DHCP client.  I recently downloaded the
newest version of dhcpcd, only to find out that it wouldn't compile.  It
gave me this output:

    udpipgen.c: In function `udpipgen':
    udpipgen.c:89: structure has no member named `ip_csum'
    udpipgen.c:91: structure has no member named `ip_csum'
    make: *** [udpipgen.o] Error 1

I am running Slackware 3.6, with kernel 2.0.35, and gcc version 2.7.2.3.

Is there any alternative DHCP client for Linux?  Or, if I upgrade something,
would I be able to compile dhcpcd?

Thanks in advance,
    - Matt.

2. HD

3. dhcp-3.0pl2 compile problem

4. help with SLIP

5. RH 5.1 flawless ftp-dhcp install; dhcp config retained; dhcp fails @ boot

6. DMA errors

7. Dhcp problem between Linux DHCP Server & Linux client

8. Linux as AppleTalk client

9. Missing Libraries (Compiling DHCP client)

10. Missing Libraries (compiling DHCP client)

11. Compiling the CMU/Princeton DHCP/Bootp server?

12. "--mode compile" instead of "--mode=compile" problem with libtool

13. Qt compile problems and compiling in general