newbie problem(modem)

Post by David Gozal » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:38:52

I am a newbie in Linux. Just installed Red Hat 7.1. However, it seemed that
Linux could not detect my modem. I believe I have a Linux compliant modem.
What could be my problem?

newbie problem(modem)

Post by Karl Heye » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 05:49:20

> I am a newbie in Linux. Just installed Red Hat 7.1. However, it seemed that
> Linux could not detect my modem. I believe I have a Linux compliant modem.
> What could be my problem?

Well what is your modem, external, internal, PCI, ISA, PCMCIA
if PCI what is the /proc/pci output.

karl.

1. Newbie problem modem is always busy

I'm useing Caldera V1.3 and kppp. I have a USR v90 voice internal
modem. It's not a winmodem, at least it worked with Redhat 5.2.
When ever I try to dial out or query the modem it says that it is
sorry the modem is busy. Being a newbie, I'm not sure what other info
to you might need or how to get it. Have been reading HOW TO'S,
man pages,help pages, info pages,newsgroups and have'nt
found any thing that address this problem. Any help would be great.
TIA

2. Wrong major or minor number --but it's wrong

3. Newbie problem: Modem

4. I am looking for a uucp guru

5. crypt/decrypt

6. newbies & modems, modems & newbies

7. /dev discrepancies and MAKEDEV

8. From a newbie for newbies w/ Modem problems...

9. Newbie with modem setup problem!

10. Modem problems -- possible newbie question

11. Newbie Audio and modem problems

12. NEWBIE problem - can't get my modem to dial