The requested method POST is not allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed

Post by phi » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /new.php3
Apache/1.3.6 Server at ferrari... Port 80

... never seen it before on my computer!!!
someone can tell me where is the problem?

thanks!

The requested method POST is not allowed

Post by John Despe » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Shooting from the hip here but...

Web browsers can accept pages via a variety of methods, including:
HEAD (rarely used), GET (used most of the time), and POST (used often
for forms).
Likewise, web servers can deliver pages using these three methods (maybe
more?). However,
I believe that web servers can be configured NOT to deliver pages via
the POST method (this may, in fact, be the default). My guess is that
you're trying to fetch a page via POST and the web server is not
permitted to deliver a page via POST.

It must be in your web server docs somewhere...sorry I can't be any more
help than that...