Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)

Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)

Post by C. Reev » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have just installed Linux and have it connected to the Internet, and
want to network my 98 machine.  What is the best way to do this?

I'm going to leave out how I currently have it setup as it seems to be
causing problems in other places I have asked this question. I do have
a small jpg of how I have it now if it would help anyone.

I want both machines to be able to access the Internet. I have an ADSL
account with Sympatico and it is working on both PC's at present with
pppoe. I have a 5 port hub and 4 NICS I can work with to accomplish
this. Samba is installed and running, although the config files will
need to be set up properly.

So from the hardware to the software - what would work best for what I
need above?

Thanks

Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)

Post by C. Reev » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

If using NFS is easier I'll go that route as well.

>I have just installed Linux and have it connected to the Internet, and
>want to network my 98 machine.  What is the best way to do this?

>I'm going to leave out how I currently have it setup as it seems to be
>causing problems in other places I have asked this question. I do have
>a small jpg of how I have it now if it would help anyone.

>I want both machines to be able to access the Internet. I have an ADSL
>account with Sympatico and it is working on both PC's at present with
>pppoe. I have a 5 port hub and 4 NICS I can work with to accomplish
>this. Samba is installed and running, although the config files will
>need to be set up properly.

>So from the hardware to the software - what would work best for what I
>need above?

>Thanks

1. Linux experts: I need your help in doing Telnet from weindows PC to linux PC

Guys,

I really need your help. I am tryiong telnet from windows PC to Linux
PC through router. I can ping from windows PC. But I can't telnet. I
already posted a question about this, some experts suggested to me to
check telnet file in /etc/xinetd.d directory, also some other
suggestions, I did everything, but still I can't do telnet. I can ping
in both ways. I am using RH 8.0 linux. I have Netgera 4 port router.
What is my problem?

Could somebody tell me how to copy files from floppy to Linux
machine?. Appreciated somuch for your help, thanks in advance.

2. FINAL CFP, Reliable Software Technologies, Ada-Europe 2005

3. PC connect to PC : Help !

4. Access and Modification Time of a File

5. window-pc can't connect with linux-pc using mgetty

6. Apache Virtual Host Subnet masks: Question

7. Win9x + nt BASED pc's connecting to linux mandrake 7.0

8. egcs: A new compiler project to merge the existing GCC forks

9. need help in setting Slackware release of Linux on my PC

10. WIRELESS: Need help with Linksys Wireless PC Card (WPC11) & RedHat 7.0

11. write command for pc's with pc-connect doesn't work

12. When I connect second PC to router, both PC's request timesout, why?

13. PC-NFS PC-to-PC copy is it possible?