Link linux and win95 using null parallel cable

Link linux and win95 using null parallel cable

Post by Allison Rushb » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

Is it possible to network linux and win 95 over a null cable?  Can you do
it with a parallel cable or do you have to use a serial cable.

Thanks

Allison

Link linux and win95 using null parallel cable

Post by Larry G. Griffi » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Allison,
        I've done serial transfers from the CD on my Win 95 desktop to Linux on
my laptop.  Minicom was part of the Slackware disk install.  The
transfers allowed me to finish the setup.  Check to see if you have a
comm. program.  If not you'll have to look into NFS.  I haven't setup
NFS yet so don't have a clue.

Larry

> Hello,

> Is it possible to network linux and win 95 over a null cable?  Can you do
> it with a parallel cable or do you have to use a serial cable.

> Thanks

> Allison

1. Connect Win95 PC to Linux using only serial/parallel cable?

If you're willing to play along, mind telling me how? Or at least point
me in the right direction.
Eventually I hope to try this IP masquerading stuff. And share one
Internet connection.
BTW, I am using OpenLinuxLite from Caldera, so i reckon it's pre-2.2
kernel. You can stop laughing now. On a 486/50. I said cut it out.

--
apurugga AT mindspring DOT com
annandy AT dc DOT seflin DOT org

2. PPP slows down

3. using a parallel cable to connect together a Linux system and a Win95 System

4. XFCE: keeping alt-tab in one desktop

5. Win95 to Linux network via null modem cable?

6. Best way to install to a laptop...?

7. Connect Win95 and Linux 2.x with null-modem cable

8. environment variables to TransferLog

9. Linking linux boxes via null-modem cable

10. serial link - null modem - Linux <-> WIN95

11. Null modem serial PPP link Linux <-> Win95

12. Serial/Parallel flat cable connection between Win95/Linux

13. Win95->Linux via Parallel Cable