TCP/IP Traffic

Post by Emil Kroyma » Thu, 15 May 2003 20:50:09

Hello Everybody,

I'd like to switch to traffic quota based accounting for my internet
connection. But before that I'd like to assess my TCP/IP traffic as it
is now, so I can choose the cheapest accounting model that fits my
needs.

So, my question is. What tools are there to assess my TCP/IP traffic?

I'm using unstable Debian/GNU Linux, Kernel 2.4.20

Thanks,
Emil

TCP/IP Traffic

Post by Kenneth A Kauffma » Fri, 16 May 2003 01:04:30

Quote:> Hello Everybody,

> I'd like to switch to traffic quota based accounting for my internet
> connection. But before that I'd like to assess my TCP/IP traffic as it
> is now, so I can choose the cheapest accounting model that fits my
> needs.

> So, my question is. What tools are there to assess my TCP/IP traffic?

> I'm using unstable Debian/GNU Linux, Kernel 2.4.20

> Thanks,
> Emil

http://cebu.mozcom.com/riker/iptraf/

it has a logging mode also. reference the documentation.

ken k