help-system hang

Post by LI Qingli » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

After I configure the second ethernet card-eth1, my system will hang when it
run to:
bring up interface lo      [OK]
bring up interface eth0 -----system hang and i can not do anything.
Who can tell me what i can do now?  What happen?
Thanks a lot.

help-system hang

Post by j.. » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

You either have a corrupt driver/module or your ethernet card is
conflicting with another hardware device.  If it's a jumper-settable
card, try different settings.  If it's Plug-n-Pray, you'll have to
isolate the other device in the system that is part of the conflict
and, if that one is jumper-settable, change the second device.  If
both are PnP, good luck to you...

To recover in the short term, you'll need your boot disk(s).  You
_did_ make/keep them, didn't you?  :)

Jon

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:06:29 +0800, "LI Qingliu"