1. I need help connecting linux box to LAN
I cannot get my Linux machine to see anything else on my LAN.
I have five windows machines and one Linux machine. I want o get the
Linux box to interact with the windows machines.
I have done a fresh install of Linux Redhat7.1 using kernel 2.4.2 -2
I have installed the following.
Redhat 7.1Kernel 2.4.2 -2
6.4 GB hard drive
Let the install configure the swap and working partition
Used a Medium setting on the firewall settings
I have an RTL8139A as eth0
I tried "ifconfig". It displayed the following, on your machine that
In addition, I watched the eth0 line as it came across the screen and
it said that started OK
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:A0:CC:37:6C:27
inet addr:192.168.1.6 Bcast:192.168.1.255
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors: dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:41158 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
Interrupt:11 Base address:0xe800
Lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr: 127.0.0.1 Mask: 255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:24 errors:2 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:2
After I set the card parameters in did this, and this is the result.
cd to /etc/rc.d/init.d
then type ./network restart
When I do this, I get a message stating
Shutting down interface eth0: [OK]
Disabling Ipv4 packet forwarding: [OK]
Setting network parameters: [OK]
Bringing up interface lo: [OK]
Bringing up interface eth0: [OK]
However, if I run ping to my router or any other computer on the
system I get the message, says "network is unreachable".
I guess the first bit of information is what am I doing wrong, how
do I fix it, I will then go on from there.
If I need to further set up items what and where do I set it up?
2. Newbie: LILO default
3. how to substitute the remote login menu for the regular login text box in CDE.
4. Dual HDD question
5. Need help on Linux setup LAN within LAN
6. lp, spooler hangs on biger files
7. Remote logins to Linux box from dtlogin ?
8. Crippling Network problem
9. My linux box is rejecting remote logins
10. Dos remote login to Linux box - pcnfs??
11. Remote login to a linux box from the Internet
12. Can't login/ftp from a remote Linux box after installing DNS services
13. MASQing-Internal W98 box works while Linux boxes won't