Samba: Synchronize Unix and Samba Passwords

Samba: Synchronize Unix and Samba Passwords

Post by MJN » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

In RH 7.0 how do you synchronize Unix and Samba Passwords. I am using Webmin
and can't find the synchronization area that used to exist in the Samba
Share Manager.

1. Synchronizing Unix and SAMBA passwords

I would like to synchronize both passwords so that if a windows client
changes its password the unix password is changed accordingly.
I am using encrypted passwords now, SAMBA complains it cant change
passowrds because it needs plain text passords in order to tell the old
password to the passwd program.
If i use plain text passwords windows complains changing passwords
was unsuccessful.

Can somebody explain in detail what i am doing wrong?

2. Block size for DAT Tape

3. Linux/Samba Machine & User Accounts for Samba PDC in samba-2.2.1a Question?

4. configuring arp to probe multiple IP address

5. SAMBA, SAMBA, SAMBA

6. Newbie needs help, corel doesn't install...

7. samba 3.0.0 and unix; password sync via PAM

8. Adaptec 2940AU support

9. Samba UNIX Password Sync

10. (PPTP VPN) Using samba/unix password for CHAP Authentication

11. Sync samba pasword with unix password

12. Samba & UNIX password update

13. Synchronizing Samba partition & W/95 box