Bridge with one IP Address

Post by be.. » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to configue my Linux machine to work as a bridge with
multiple ethernet cards, and one IP address.
The problem I'm getting is that the machine has a problem selecting the
right NIC when transmitting data. I'd expect the bridge to take care of
selecting the right NIC, am I wrong?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. bridging problem -- bridge needs IP address

Hi everyone,

i tried to set up a bridge with my fedora core 3, kernel
2.6.10-1.741_FC3. I entered following commands:

# ifconfig eth0 promisc up
# ifconfig eth1 promisc up
# brctl addbr br0
# brctl addif br0 eth0
# brctl addif br0 eth1
# ifconfig br0 up

It was possible to create the bridge, but there is a problem: The
bridge doesn't forward traffic until i assign an IP address to the
interface br0. But that's not what i want.
Any ideas?

Greetings

Peter

2. Typing Tutors

3. Bridging and giving the bridge an IP address

4. lvm problem

5. Ip address & HW address off by one

6. Mutt subject encoding problem

7. More than one IP address on one ethernet card?

8. Bash script question: how to modify PATH?

9. How to have more than one IP addresses on one interface card?

10. Using more than one ip address on one eth-card

11. Listening to more than one IP address from one ethernet card

12. more than one ip address to one interface eth0

13. More than one IP address on one ethernet card?