VPN clients for Windows machine to connect to a Linux server

VPN clients for Windows machine to connect to a Linux server

Post by Chris Nol » Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction.
I've been searching all morning and haven't found a straight answer.

I've gone through the HOWTO's and things look good that I can get a
VPN running between 2 linux boxes and secure that connection.  But I
also want Windows PC's to be able to connect to the same protected LAN
and I can't find something to do that.

The VPN-Masquerading HOWTO says that Microsoft's PPtP could be used,
otherwise follow the instructions of the IP-Sec software vendor.  Do I
really want to use PPTP?  I've heard various things about it, most not
very good.  If I want to use IP-Sec software from a vendor, then it's
going to be commerical right?  That's not completly bad, might lend
some credibility for the sales team - but WHO?  A couple of years ago
when I was looking at this technology everybody had propriety
solutions, but now with IPsec does it mean multiple software configs
could be used to connect to the same server?

How is key exchange done in this situation?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Chris Nolan

1. Any VPN client for RH linux to connect to office VPN server (Sonicwall)

Guys:

We are using Sonicwall VPN server at office, I have VPN client
installed on Windows PC, no problem to login to office machines, But I
need to access remotely from RH Linux PC, any VPN client available
which can connect to Sonic wall VPN server (I need to install that VPN
client on Linux PC)?. This way I can check-out my code into Linux
machine, which I can compile locally than always telnet/ssh from
windows machine which is very slow. Thanks in advance.

GS

2. 2.5.31 SCSI emulation and cd burner....severe filesystem corruption

3. Connecting two machines:; Client only communicate with server when server continuously pings client.

4. Question about KMail

5. VPN client in Solaris connecting to WIN2000 VPN server?

6. Question on shared library on Solaris

7. connecting to NT vpn server from my linux client

8. Compatibility Problems

9. Problems connecting from a X Windows Client to a Linux machine (XDMCP & GDM)

10. VPN--linux server, windows client, no gre/ipsec--possible???

11. LINUX VPN client to Microsoft VPN Server

12. Window client software for Linux VPN servers?

13. About VPN between Linux server <----> Windows clients