1. Newbie Alert: can't get two networks working in RH7.1
For some bizarre reason I cannot get two networks working under RH7.1. I
suspect it's something to do with routing, but don't understand enough
of Linux/*nix to be able to make the necessary changes.
Currently I have a 3COM509 card connected to my cable modem, and a
Netgear card connected to my local network.
The odd thing is, using the KDE Network config tool I can activate eth0
(eth1 de-activated) and I can access the Internet via the 3COM card, and
I can activate eth1 (eth0 de-activated) and I can access the local
network, but with both activated - nothing works - which makes me think
the routes are reversed (looking for local addresses on the net, and web
A simple 'route' gives me:
Destination Gateway Genmask Iface
220.127.116.11 * 255.255.255.0 eth1
18.104.22.168 * 255.255.255.0 eth0
127.0.0.0 * 255.0.0.0 lo
default pc1-far.0.0.0.0 eth1
Now eventually I want this machine to act as a DHCP server, and as a
gateway to the Internet for the machines on 192.168.0.* just like my
nice and easy Win98SE ICS does :o)
But this is SO hard, AFAIK I'm setting all the right settings, and I've
tried doing the same through LINUXCONF, but to no avail.
Will be thankful for assistance received, and will pass on the knowledge
to others in true spirit of 'the net'.
2. Driver for audio features of Orchid VA?
3. Newbie networking on RH7.0, need detailed help
4. setting group permission
5. need newbie-flavoured help with RH7.1 / Win98 network
6. semaphore porting from Windows or OS/2
7. RH7.0 and Network Card - Help a newbie please
8. cdrw mounting as ro
9. Newbie Q - Networking Win2k w/ RH7
10. RH7.0 -> RH7.1 upgrade kills networking
11. newbie type advice questions... re: installing RH7.2 on Dell INSPIRON 7500 laptop
12. 9595 RH7.2 install - scd0 -> sr0 (newbie)